Call our office promptly if:
- The area becomes red, has drainage, or is warm to the touch.
- You experience fever or chills.
- An unusual amount of pain that cannot be controlled by prescribed medications (note: Do not take
aspirin, as it may promote bleeding).
If any of the above should occur after regular office hours, we can be reached 24 hours a day through our answering service at 612-844-0404.
What Can I Expect?
- The chin may be sore for a few days following surgery.
- You may notice a temporary decrease in movement and feeling in your lips. This usually subsides within a few weeks.
- The chin may look too large, but the swelling will subside in time.
How Do I Care For Myself After Surgery?
- Keep the wound and dressing clean and dry for 24-48 hours. Leave the original dressing in place until your first post-op visit.
- If bleeding occurs, apply firm pressure for at least 5-10 minutes. Do not remove or lift the dressing during this time. Call our office if bleeding persists.
- No vigorous exercise for 2 weeks.
- No contact sports until approved by your physician.
- If the implant was placed through an incision in your mouth, rinse with water several times after each meal.
For printable chin implant post-op instructions please click here.